BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter

Hope that everyone had a great Easter! Yes, yes, I know I have been kinda lazy with the blogging.
Chip and I had a great weekend. We got some yard work accomplished. We started laying pavers around some of the planting areas in our yard and we never got it finished. Granted when we started, I was able to get on the ground and dig and help out. This time, not so much. I tried getting on the ground on Saturday....talk about a bad idea. I couldn't get off of the ground by myself and I didn't get a whole lot accomplished in my one spot. Thankfully, Chip was able to do it all. I was more there for moral support after that. I sat in my chair in the driveway and watched Chip lay pavers. I will have to take a picture of what we (he) did and post it on here. I was also happy to see that the lily that I planted last year under the mailbox CAME BACK!!! Most of you may know that I do not have a green thumb so I can't tell you how excited I was to see a plant growing back under the mailbox.
For Easter yesterday, as I have said before, we are usually at the beach. I knew that I wouldn't be able to do that this year so we stayed at home. I will have to admit that on Saturday I think I said a few times that I wish that I were able to go since it was sooooo nice outside. At least we had the next best option. Sally invited Chip and I to lunch at their house. Now granted I will have to admit that again we skipped out on church BUT this time I had a good excuse. It is hard to go to church when you don't have one pair of shoes that fit you. Also, I have really restricted myself to one outting a day and church and Sally's would have been 2. At least Sally didn't mind that I didn't wear shoes to her house. I now know what the term "barefoot and pregnant" means. Anyway, we had an awesome lunch....ham, asparagus, Sally's famous squash casserole, mashed taters, rolls, and low-fat brownies with a HUGE scoop of full fat ice cream on top and I can't forget the whipped cream on top too!
So overall a great weekend. This week, Dr. appt is on Thursday so I will definitely share the update from that.

0 comments: