BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Being Thankful

I know it sounds incredibly cheesy but I love the Oprah show most days. Something that Oprah has pushed for years is creating a gratitude journal. Now, I have never gotten to the point of actually making a journal but this is one of those things I try to keep in mind and something I try to think of daily. I guess its another way of having a "Godly" moment each day.
I try to think of something pretty specific to be thankful for though...not just saying "my family and friends." That is a broad subject. For example, my thought for today was that I am so thankful that I am having twins. If I had a quarter for every time I have heard the words "God gives twins only to the moms that he thinks can handle it", I may have a lot of money by now. At first I just kind of laughed at the statement but now I am beginning to understand it. So many people have asked me are you nervous? scared? overwhelmed? And I can honestly say no, I feel like I have it under control at the moment. Have no fear, this could change pretty quickly. I am a pretty laid back person and have decided that I just have to take things one day at a time.
It also helps to have people around like Cathy Graham who is another mom of twins. She has given me a lot of strength (even though she may not know it). She has told me multiple times now that I am being such a great mommy already. Talk about a boost of confidence!
Anyway, back to being thankful, I am just so excited for these babies to be here so I can see how it really is going to be. Hopefully I will be able to instill some great values in my children and keep in mind everything that I have learned about parenting from being a teacher, babysitter, and even from what I have learned from other moms.
There have been so many people that have been getting excited for me lately and it feels so great to have such a strong cheering team behind me!
Enough of being cheesy....its either the kinda gloomy weather or the hormones that has made me this way today!

2 comments:

Paige said...

My eyes opened this morning at 815am and the first thing I said was "Today is March 15 Greg, do you know what that means? Sleepy husband said "No". I said "the boys will be here soon". The boys are coming, the boys are coming. I know you are going to be a great mom. Know how? Look what all you have done for Chip---haha

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you Miss Lindsay, I just adore you! I am so glad that we met and we have our sweet babies in common. If you ever need anything, you know that Jacob, Kendall and I will come running! You are so strong and so smart and you are doing such great things for your babies. In case you forgot ... or ever have doubts ... you are such a GREAT mommy! Look at what you have achieved so far!!!!! I am so happy for you and sooooo proud of you!!!!!
Love you little girl!!!!
Cathy Graham