BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Blessings

Well as you can tell in the last few days, I haven't been exactly the happiest person in the world. As I have sat back and thought about how down in the dumps I have been, I had to also think to myself how many blessings I have too. I decided that it was definitely time for a little quiet time to think about the things I am thankful for. I decided that even though it was a broad subject, I would write about how thankful I am for my support system.
I had no doubt in my mind after college that I would move back to Charlotte. Now I really understand why. I have the best support system here that I could ever ask for.
My most important support system is my husband who just knew to sit in silence with me in the car when I was super pissed the other day and who took me to get ice cream last night even though he had already eaten a little bit of dessert. He even took one for the team and ate some ice cream too. And even though he hasn't wanted to, he has gotten me countless cups of water and given me numerous back rubs just to make me happy.
There is of course the obvious support system of my family. That includes my in-law family too. The fact that my mom has her cell phone on vibrate in her pocket everyday at work just waiting for me to call her with good news, I can tell she is so excited. And who would have thought, my stepdad Mike, I can tell he is excited too...even though his latest advice to me was to just sit and push and maybe they would just come out. And my sister calls me every couple of days just to see how I am doing. My in-laws have definitely gone over and beyond their call of duty to make sure I see their support...I mean heck, Paige spent her morning yesterday researching ways to induce labor (granted some were a little over the top). But Robin and Bill have gone out of their way to help me too...Robin was even willing to bring me lunch yesterday when she was no where near my house.
But besides family, talk about a huge group of friends. Between some of my best friends that call everyday just about and my friends at all of my jobs (school and Edible Art) who are always waiting to hear new news. My church family that has given me tons and tons of support, and my CMOMs ladies who always keep up with the latest news. And all of the people who have taken me to lunch (ex. Sally is today :)) and offered to get me out of the house so I don't get too bored. And I can't forget the friends that have just come by the house and sat with me for a few hours just to keep my company.
This is the awesome support system I have and I am thankful for every person.

So maybe this is the sappy part of being pregnant but oh well...sometimes you just have to stop and think of the blessings.

Oh yes, and another blessing that our family just got was that Chip found out that he has been promoted with the Navy Reserves. I know he is sooo happy about that and so am I. Not that I know what that means. I know he gets an extra word added to his title and our family will now have a few extra dollars (especially because now we need it the most). But I am very happy for him and I know he has worked hard to get it. Congrats sweetheart!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just so cute and so sweet! Bless your heart and great job chip!
Love you!
Cathy

Anonymous said...

we miss you Lindsay!!! keep us posted, and if you need anything just let us know!!

love

kelly--and the other girls at Edible art too!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Lindsay! We've got you, Chip, and the boys in our daily prayers.

Much love!
Vickie