Ok, so I took some time off from the blogging since there has been so much to do lately. Here is a quick update on the boys ....
Whit - He is still my tough guy that could "wreck a junkyard" as Gramaw would say....and it's soooo true! Lately, he could almost talk your head off but half of the time no one understands what he is saying. He does a lot of jabbering but there are some words you can understand. Right now his favorite words to say are "Chi Chi" (Choo Choo), "Zackson" (Jackson), "Whoa", and "Pane" (Plane). I love how much he loves to read. Granted I get super tired of reading the same books OVER and OVER and OVER again but I think a love for reading at this age is wonderful. And it doesn't hurt that the books are all about 7 pages long! :)

Parker - Parker is my quiet little guy for the most part. He is as happy as a clam as long as he is watching his "Choo Choo Chains" or when he is lying in the floor with a train and making it go back and forth. Parker is still the slowest eater on the planet but I have learned that he is also a junk food freak. He can eat graham crackers, goldfish, chips, and french fries all day long....but you bring out a regular meal and he wants nothing to do with it. Parker is also a kid that likes to talk...not quite as much as Whit but he knows some. His favorite words are first and foremost "Choo Choo Chain" (Choo Choo Train), "Okay", "Hewo" (Hello), and "Hey dere".
We have had an amazing summer around our house. We started out the summer going to the beach with the Wilson clan. It was WONDERFUL!! Whit had a wonderful time in the sand, Parker ran straight for the water, and I think their favorite part was the baby pool at the hotel. There was so much going on and we all had a blast. Chip and I even got to go out with all of the other adults one night for dinner. It was GREAT! The older cousins got to watch our boys and they did wonderful. We can't wait until next year!
We also did a mountain vacation with my family. We decided that we would stay around the Brevard/Arden/Asheville area and do day trips and such. We really did have a great time. We spent a day going to Dillsboro, we had a cookout at Mom's house, we had a fried chicken picnic at Mimi's house, Chip and I had a date night, one night Chip and I got to go out to dinner with Lesley and Andy, we went to the Fiddlin' Pig, and mom took us to the Nature Center. On the trip to Dillsboro, we discovered the wild world of trains and Thomas the tank. After that trip, our house suddenly became all about trains. It was great spending time with the family even though it was difficult to get everyone together for various reasons.
Now we are back to the old grind. Chip has started a job working as a school resource officer. His hours have changed but he now has weekends off. Starting next week, I am starting babysitting a 6 week old along with my boys during the day. I think it will be a lot of fun. Whit seems really excited to share his toys with Cole....he just doesn't realize that Cole doesn't play ball or do puzzles. Now also starts the world of Appalachian Football! Chip and I will be going to lots of games this year and I can't wait to tailgate with my friends and see everyone at homecoming.
Hopefully I won't be too busy to add more to the blog....

2 comments:
Update your blog :) I want to see new pics!
Update your blog :) I want to see new pics!
Post a Comment