Today is one that I have been waiting for all week! My mom is coming into town tonight to stay with me until Monday. We have a jam packed weekend ahead of us....not really. This is usually the weekend that we have "Girls Weekend." We have been doing this since my first year of college. This time is going to be a little different though. Usually it is mom, my sister Lesley, and me. Unfortunately my sister couldn't make it this time. She has the craziest schedule ever! She is in school to become an ultrasound technician and she also works on the weekends as a surgical tech at the hospital in Asheville. This "girls weekend" will also be a little different because in years past, we spend the whole weekend shopping and eating out at fun restaurants. This time, since I am supposed to be in bed, mom and I will be spending more time sitting around the house. Mom and I will still be busy though. She told me a couple of years ago that when I decide to have kids, she will do all of the linens and such for the nursery. OOPS! Too bad we are having twins so she has to do it double time! As much as I feel bad that she is having to do all of this, I think she is really excited about it and doesn't mind doing it at all. At least this will be something I can tell the boys that Grandma (Nana, or whatever she is called) made just for them! Of course these are the first grandchildren so I can't even imagine how excited she is! Anyway, so our weekend will consist of sitting around, eating, making draperies, and eating...did I already say that?
Talking about moms too, I can't leave out Chip's mom. I am so happy that I was blessed with wonderful in laws. His parents don't live far from our house so it has been great to have them close by just in case. His parents have also spent countless hours now at our house in the past few weeks putting together the nursery. I am sure they went home and collapsed because they painted the whole room (in 2 shades of blue), they made and put up shelves, they put up letters on the wall to spell out the boy's names, and put up crown molding! Again, as much as they were probably worn out, that will be something I can share with the boys later that their granmaw and paw paw did for them. When I spoke to Robin yesterday, she was in Babies R Us. I think she found another store that she could spend many hours and lots of money in. She said that she could have spent thousands of dollars just in there! I think she has already spent half of her yearly income on the boys already. I can't thank her enough for all that she has done and bought. It is just amazing to me that even though these are her 5th & 6th grandchildren, she is still just as excited about them as all of the others.
Aren't moms just the best people to have around?! I can't go without giving a shout out to all of my "adopted" moms too. Sally, The Thompsons, Ratterrees, and anyone else that has adopted me through the years! Thanks for all that you guys do too!
Talking about moms too, I can't leave out Chip's mom. I am so happy that I was blessed with wonderful in laws. His parents don't live far from our house so it has been great to have them close by just in case. His parents have also spent countless hours now at our house in the past few weeks putting together the nursery. I am sure they went home and collapsed because they painted the whole room (in 2 shades of blue), they made and put up shelves, they put up letters on the wall to spell out the boy's names, and put up crown molding! Again, as much as they were probably worn out, that will be something I can share with the boys later that their granmaw and paw paw did for them. When I spoke to Robin yesterday, she was in Babies R Us. I think she found another store that she could spend many hours and lots of money in. She said that she could have spent thousands of dollars just in there! I think she has already spent half of her yearly income on the boys already. I can't thank her enough for all that she has done and bought. It is just amazing to me that even though these are her 5th & 6th grandchildren, she is still just as excited about them as all of the others.
Aren't moms just the best people to have around?! I can't go without giving a shout out to all of my "adopted" moms too. Sally, The Thompsons, Ratterrees, and anyone else that has adopted me through the years! Thanks for all that you guys do too!


0 comments:
Post a Comment